Just follow these simple steps!
- Pitch your article to email@example.com
- Once approved, put your piece into a googledoc and share the doc with firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
- Include all photos (high res, which you own the rights to) in the document, AND send by email attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Once you have shared your article with us, our editor, will review it, and suggest revisions if needed. We will ask you to amend the article based on any suggested edits before proceeding.
- Once you have made your edits, send the article back to us letting us know that you’ve made the edits. If no further edits need to be made, we will publish it on our blog!
Do’s & Dont’s
- #1 – Provide VALUE to the reader.
- Ideas for writing angles: specific radical transformation stories, experiences visiting impact centers, taking courses, attending transformational events, working on meaningful social or permaculture projects, eco-techniques, exchanging with indigenous communities, how to’s, lists (ex. “Ten reasons why…,”)
- Use as many sections with titles, and bullet points to make your article easiest for the reader to digest.
- Start your blog post in a way that will keep readers wanting to read. Perhaps it is funny, interesting, exciting, or piques their interest.
- Use active voice wherever possible.
- Draw meaningful conclusions and discuss ideas and motivations.
- Use specific examples to illustrate what you’re saying.
- Reflect on 1-2 specific themes that kept coming up for you during the experience. Use these themes to guide your writing and reflect on larger issues instead of documenting every moment of the journey like a travelogue.
- Use specific examples from your experience to support your statements.
- Talk about your specific experience. At the end, if you want to relate your experience to the larger community or encourage others to try something similar, go for it.
- Include resources for our readers. (ex: This is why my yoga retreat was amazing. Here is why everyone should try a yoga retreat. Here are the some things to look out for when choosing a yoga retreat.)
- Write a title that draws the reader in to want to open the article.
- Avoid using words in a context that some people would not understand. Examples: “offerings, gifts, intention, diving deeper, etc”. Use clear language that anyone can understand.
- Avoid use of slang: awesome, epic, heart-opening, etc. Find a better way to communicate your ideas or feelings specifically.
- If you want to discuss plant medicines, or anything that would be considered controversial please be tactical in the way that it is and your will make sure the context is appropriate.
- Watch for run on sentences. If you are not sure, start a new sentence. Keep it simple and clear. Use good paragraph structure, large block of text are intimidating to readers.
- Make it as concise as possible. Be detailed, but keep it short. On average, an article should run around 600 min and 1000 max words.
- Focus on outcomes and results of transformational experiences, rather than describing the experience, leave out step by step process.
- Include personal narrative, but don’t let it get in the way of making a larger point, drawing conclusions from your experience, or discussing larger ideas.
- Don’t send us marketing materials. We will not publish purely promotional content.
- Do not send a carbon copy of previously published work. Bad for SEO. Bad for us. Bad for you.
Once accepted for publication, we reserve the right to edit your work, change titles, and otherwise revise your article for readability at our suggestion. Please note that we only publish two blogs per month. Please be patient as you wait for your beautiful words to be born into the world.
Thank you for working with us to create a smooth and streamlined process.
You’re on your way to being published!