Photo by Agustin Carri Photo
Most of the time what prevents us from walking a path that fulfills our own passions and values is ourselves. At the border between bringing a healthy new habit into our lives, a vision we’ve held for a long time or integrating practices that bring us joy, our own patterns often get in the way. Breaking the patterns, re-writing the stories we tell ourselves and getting rid of fear that holds us back can often be a life-long process but it doesn’t have to be.
Here are some of the ways I’ve been able to get out of my own way and walk a path that is truly in line with what brings me the most joy, fulfillment and freedom to do what I love.
- Observe non-serving patterns. This is the first step. We have the choice to notice what tendencies we have that may be putting blocks in the way of stepping into to our most authentic selves. We each have our own quirks that we’ve developed in our life but what I’ve noticed is that the underlying issue is fear. When we can identify our own patterns, we’re already on the way to reversing those patterns that don’t serve our highest good.
- Change the response. Let’s become truthful with ourselves. Whatever is going on inside of us always reflects in our external environment and situation. Until we take responsibility for our own responses to life’s challenges, we will continue to be tripped up by them. The challenges will always be there but it’s how we respond to life’s challenges that will bring growth, self-reflection and the ability to become resilient among the winds of change.
- Be Present. Our world today is incredibly full of distractions, from our emails, to texts, to social media, to TV and advertisements. We’re constantly encouraged to go-go-go, produce, and work. We often miss life itself with all of the media to consume. When we’re not present with our own emotions or with other people, it inhibits us from harvesting natural wisdom that comes from observation and presence. Presence is one of the greatest gifts that we can give to our relationships and ourselves.
- Commit. We will never move forward on any goals or aspirations unless we decide on at least one thing to commit to. Even if we have millions of ideas, or none at all, sticking with a life practice will not only immediately allow us to get out of our own way but it will also give us the self-confidence to continue committing to other aspirations.
- Be Fearless. This may sound scary. That’s the point. One of my favorite quotes is “If your dream doesn’t scare you, it’s not big enough.” Being fearless opens up gigantic doors of opportunity for our dreams to come true. We all have fear but we can choose to either say “hello, thank you, and see you later” or to allow it to crumble us. I believe that fear is one of the ultimate lessons in life to conquer AND one of the most rewarding.
- Stick with values. Ask yourself: Do my decisions reflect what’s truly important to me? What IS truly important to me? How can I take small steps to align my daily life with what’s meaningful to me?
- Be reborn with the sun. As the sun sets each evening, the day dies and as the sun rises each morning the day is born. We can consciously choose to apply this idea to ourselves. Every morning can be a new opportunity to try again towards the goals you have for yourself. We must not get discouraged by the past but allow the past to die and choose in this moment to be born again. With this, we have the opportunity to get out of our own way every single sunrise!
Work with me! I offer 1 on 1 Project Activation Guidance. If you have an idea for a project or organization that you fiercely want to bring into reality but find it daunting when thinking about where to start.
I will support you along the entire way until you launch. Learn more about my experience, this service and schedule a free 15 minute consultation with me here:
Pingback: True Passion Built Through Consciousness and Permaculture -